ANYWAY. 2010. Jesus Christ - what a year! Seriously, this may have been one of the most tumultuous and rewarding years of my adult existence. Even though most of the good stuff happened in the last half of the year, it overshadows anything that came before. I can barely think of anything that isn't new in my life right now - new city, new apartment, new living situation, new job, new boyfriend. Holy shit on a shingle! That is a lot of change, which you all know I frickin' love!
I think I'll do something different this time and take a look at my goals from the beginning of the year and where I stack up with them.
- Stop focusing on other people's lives and focus on your own. Struggled with this one a bit. I let the whole TG thing consume me and I still do to an extent. I haven't blogged about it here because (1) I know it would bother him and he knows where this thing lives and (2) I'm trying not to let his unfollowing me on Twitter bother me. So yeah, I need to work on that in the new year - just doing what I do and only caring about that. It's just really fucking hard for me. I'm a dweller, a thinker, and an analyzer. Yes, I'm also a crazy exhibitionist AND a narcissist, but I really do give a shit what people think of me and how my life is stacking up in comparison to everyone else's. It's a bad habit, especially considering my life is pretty sweet most of the time. I should really stop caring about the outside world and pull my focus inward.
- Find your dream job and do what you can to get it. Mission accomplished, bitches! I found a job I liked in Event Planning and even though I had no prior experience or exposure, I convinced them that I could do it and I start in two weeks. I'm super fucking proud of myself over that one because I really feel like I made a positive change in my life. I moved to SF knowing that I wanted to focus on my career and I did it. Here's hoping I didn't pick a dud - haha!
- Treat your body like a temple. Um, I suck at this. I haven't treated my body like a temple at all - more like a toxic dump site. I've been drinking wayyyy too much and eating wayyy too much and I feel like a gross little piglet at times. I have not been exercising the way I should and I need to get a grip on my hair. Luckily, I think I'm starting to come out of that funk and I'm motivated to lose some weight, start working out like a fiend, and presenting myself in my best light. I'm experimenting with my hair and finding out what products work for it and my wardrobe is due for an upgrade. So even though I epic failed all over this one this year, I'm workin' on it =)
- Do something each day to enrich your mind. I think I did this. 2010 was a year in which I rediscovered my love of books. I read all the time now - expanding my library and my worldview with each new book. I loved The Millenium Trilogy, in addition to Schiff's Cleopatra, and I've got Patti Smith's book on the docket. This is in addition to all of the other books I've kept my head in this year. I'm trying to read about history, culture, language, everything I can get my hands on. I hope to keep it up in 2011.
- Focus on forming healthy relationships with men. The Good Lord knows I struggle with this every day. I think progress is being made. I'm in a good relationship with a good man that treats me well. I try to be as great of a girlfriend as I can, but it's a learning curve. He's teaching me more about what I want in a relationship and I'm trying to figure out if he's a good match for me. I feel like I'm learning and growing and having fun along the way. This was probably the first romantic thing I didn't royally fuck up in my whole entire life. That's a pretty big deal. Let's hope I can continue on this path and get my shit right next year.
So there you have it - 2010 Year In Review. Resolutions tomorrow or Friday!